Sunday, 9 February 2014

Choosing an idea

On Friday morning we pitched our presentations and the idea we got most praise for was the Hitler idea.Dom's praise for it went as far to say that he knew about his half brother but didn't know about Hitler coming to England under the radar. Another student even cursed himself for not finding the information himself. In the feedback, Dom told us he was not worried at all, and trusted we knew what to do.

We stayed back after the presentation and got our heads to geather to decide on roles, this was more difficult as we now have a 7th member in the form of Harry Miller. We decided that the extra role would be an assistant director, so the main director could focus more on the on set creative aspect whilst the AD would be making sure everythings in order and be more hands on with the editing process. The roles we handed out were as follows:

Director- Tom Noonan
Assistant Director- Leanne Perry
Producer- Josh Walker
Cinematographer/camera operator- Amy Parker
Editor- Nathaniel Weary
Sound recordist- Joshua Prentice (myself)
Sound Editor- Harry Miller

Josh Walker was chosen as producer, because he found all the contacts, and made contact with these people, came up with the research, and really has taken on the producing role, even before deciding on the idea, so it was a no brainer.

Tom Noonan was chosen as director, as he has an interlectual mind, and having worked with him previously I vouched that he is very hands on during filming, and is good with words so he's ideal for talking to the people, plus it would help establish his idea in the piece as well.

Nathaniel, I know is a kean editor, and that what he wants to pursue as a carear, but sadly he didn't get much chance to edit previously, so he got that role. Harry established that he favours the post production aspect so he was given the role of sound recordist, whereas Amy says she is the opposite and had been talking about camera work since the get go, so it was only natural she was given that role.

Leanne, said she would do any role, and harry vouched that she likes to take a supervisory role, so she was given assistant director as she would be able to assist in all area of the film making process.

As for me, I said I would like director, camera, or sound. However I decided that documentary directing wouldn't be a strong point for me, so I said camera or sound, and Nathaniel suggested sound, and I said yes because I will most likely be doing camera work in Production Skills, and since being introduced to sound, I have found it a highly interesting subject and would like to go into it more as I love music and that indusrty is a back up should it not work out in film, so getting a variety of experience is crutial.

For the sake of supporting documents, here is the basic script we had to follow for the Hitler pitch, courtosy of producer Josh Walker (See below).



Apologise for the obscure writting as these are screen shots of the script.

We are meeting Monday at some point to discuss the style we want to go for, and prepare a plan. So we are all curentl looking at documentarys for insperation.

We have all seen the basic ones like 'Skateistan', which I found highly interesting but a little to short, and 'The Apology Line' that was interesting, but with some contreversy to weather it was real or not.

I am now going to look at a Hillsborough documentary, because as a Liverpool fan I find it personal and interesting, and will be able to take insperation from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment